Friday 17 March 2017

Pre-slotta Greenskins...

A few pre-slotta lead pieces that were resurrected from heavy enamel finishes…
I dig the savage look of the Fantasy Tribes Orc from ’82- the sculpt seems to have been a starting point for Bagrash from Orc’s Drift.
I’ve always loved the C13 Goblin ball and chain wielders since seeing them in Kev Adam’s army from the Armies book.
The Mummy is a Citadel Fiend Factory piece from around 1980 which is probably the oldest Citadel piece in the collection aside from a couple of Ral Partha wizards that are stamped 1979.



4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful miniatures, and cool painting! I am going to follow this blog -it is very nice, great job- but I already know that it is going to make me want rare metal miniature -trying to save some money right now-.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Stats. The old lead is great to explore- it's amazing how much character is in the old pieces that may be a bit cruder but for me are the epitome of British fantasy.

      Delete
  2. Lovely old models these, and your painting really brings them alive. Can I just point out how excellent it think the freehand is on that shield. A create symbol well executed! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, I'm a big fan of your blog- it was the first port of call when I started looking for 'Oldhammer'.
      Keep up the great work.

      Delete